Mathieu has 35+ years of experience in Private Equity, Mergers & Acquisitions, Corporate Development and Strategic Planning. Over the course of his career, he has been involved in all aspects of private equity transactions, and has a strong track record of supporting growth to create value for stakeholders. His previous positions include:
- Senior Vice-President, Private Equity – Quebec, CAISSE DE DÉPOT ET PLACEMENT DU QUÉBEC
- Senior Vice-President & Partner, RICHTER ADVISORY GROUP INC
- Partner, SCHRODERS & ASSOCIATES CANADA
Mathieu also brings extensive experience as a board member of both private and public companies, including:
- Member of the Board of Directors (1993 to 2021) and Chairman of the Audit Committee (2005 to 2021) of Richelieu Hardware Limited (TSX:RCH);
- Member of the Board of Directors and Chairman of the Audit Committee of HNZ Group Inc. (TSX:HNZ) from 2007 to 2018. Chairman of the Special Committee of the Board during the sale process of the Company;
- Member of the of the Board of Directors and Chairman of the Audit Committee (2011 to 2018) of Supremex Inc. (TSX:SXP);
- Member of the Board of Directors and Chairman of the Audit Committee (2011 to 2018) of Logistik Unicorp;
- Member of the Board of directors of Fondation Yvon Lamarre (2019 to present).
Mathieu holds Charter Accountant (CA), Chartered Business Valuator (CBV) and Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) designations, as well as a BCom and Graduate Diploma in Public Accountancy from McGill University.