Alain has close to three decades of experience, principally in senior executive operating and financial roles in public companies in the financial services and technology industries. His career also includes roles in the private equity and investment banking industries. Prior to joining Origin, Alain was a Senior Partner at Novacap Inc, a leading Canadian private equity firm. Previous senior positions include roles as President and CEO of Bourse de Montréal Inc. and Group Head of Derivatives and fixed income markets, TMX Group, as well as CFO and COO roles at mdf Commerce, a TSX-listed company. Alain also has extensive experience in corporate governance, having served on numerous public and private company boards. Currently, he is Lead Director and board member of GURU Organic Energy Inc, a TSX-listed company with a $500M+ market capitalization.
Alain holds a Bachelor of Commerce from HEC Montréal and an MBA from INSEAD. He is also a CPA, having earned his CA designation. Alain’s select transaction list includes
• Co-lead partner in the $350M fund raise for Novacap Financial Services Fund 1; involved in close to $75M in deployments in the insurance sector
• Lead partner in the $30M acquisition of Marine Press of Canada by Champlain Financial Corporation
• CFO and key executive on the $1B combination of TSX Group and Montreal Exchange Inc
• Lead executive on Montreal Exchange Inc.’s $75M control investment in BOX Options Exchange LLC
• Chair of Special Committee on the sale of Fortsum Business Solutions (TSX-listed) to GFI Informatique