Investment Banking Analyst
Origin Merchant Partners is seeking to expand our base of skilled professionals. We are particularly interested in talented women and men with strong academic backgrounds and analytical abilities who exhibit the teamwork orientation, communication skills and leadership abilities that our clients require.
Origin Merchant Partners is a unique and vibrant organization that is particularly well-suited for individuals looking for a career in investment banking in a highly-collaborative, entrepreneurial, and growth-oriented team environment. As a proven M&A advisor to the North American middle market, we offer excellent opportunities for learning and career development within a dynamic, tight-knit group. In June 2022, Origin expanded its North American platform by acquiring a US-based, middle market focused investment bank with offices in Atlanta, Chicago, and Denver. Please refer to our website, LinkedIn or Twitter for up-to-date news and transaction information. www.originmerchant.com.
Origin is looking to hire an Investment Banking Analyst in Chicago to support Origin’s expansive North American Industrials practice. The Analyst will also be fully integrated with Origin’s Toronto and Denver offices for development and training while having ample opportunity to collaborate with other Principals across various industry verticals.
Investment Banking Analysts work in a team of Origin professionals at various levels of seniority, on a range of advisory and financing transactions. The Analyst will have a key role in all aspects of developing and executing transactions, including performing financial and valuation analyses, detailed modeling, preparation of presentation materials, research of company and industry dynamics, conducting due diligence, preparation of offering documents and marketing transactions. In this position you will have the opportunity to attend client meetings and work directly with the senior management team of each client.
- Bachelor’s degree from a top university with a track record of academic excellence
- Relevant academic coursework or work experience involving finance, valuation, M&A, or other capital market activities;
- Ability to think critically and problem solve;
- Excellent verbal and written communications abilities;
- Strong technical and computer skills (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, relevant market data services);
- Adept at financial modeling and valuation;
- Strong understanding of, and interest in, capital markets, business, economics and finance concepts acquired through education, experience and/or personal interest; and
- Commitment to excellence, with a strong attention to detail.
How to Apply:
Please send your cover letter, resume and transcripts to email@example.com, Attn: Matthew Fynney with “IB Analyst” in the subject line.