Investment Banking Analyst (Contract)
Origin Merchant Partners is seeking to expand our base of skilled professionals. We are particularly interested in talented women and men with strong academic backgrounds and analytical abilities who exhibit the teamwork orientation, communication skills and leadership abilities that our clients require.
Origin is a unique and vibrant organization that is particularly well suited for individuals looking to begin a career in finance by working in a highly-collaborative and growth-oriented, team environment. As the largest M&A boutique in Canada, we offer an excellent place to learn while joining a dynamic, tight-knit group. Check out our website, LinkedIn or Twitter for up-to-date news and transaction information. www.originmerchant.com.
Origin is looking to hire multiple Investment Banking Analysts on a short-term contract basis with the opportunity to be hired for a full-time position immediately following contract-end.
All analysts will work in a team of Origin professionals at various levels of seniority, on a range of advisory and financing transactions. The Analyst will have a key role in all aspects of developing and executing transactions, including financial analysis, value analysis, detailed modeling, preparation of presentation materials, research of company and industry dynamics, conducting due diligence, preparation of offering documents and marketing transactions. In this position you will have the opportunity to attend client meetings and work directly with the senior management team of each client.
- Academic or relevant work experience involving finance, valuation, M&A and other capital markets coursework;
- Ability to think critically and problem solve;
- Excellent communications abilities;
- Strong technical and computer skills (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, relevant market data services);
- Adept at financial modeling and valuation;
- Strong understanding of, and interest in, capital markets, business, economics and finance concepts acquired through education, experience and/or personal interest; and
- Academic track record of excellence.
How to Apply:
Please send your cover letter, resume and transcripts to firstname.lastname@example.org, Attn: Aaron Kadey with “IB Analyst Contract” in the subject line.